|Morning skate notes: Rich Peverley a game-time decision||11.12.11 at 11:52 am ET|
After taking part in the team’s morning skate, forward Rich Peverley was declared a game-time decision by coach Claude Julien for Saturday night’s game vs. the Sabres. Peverley, who is dealing with an undisclosed injury, has missed the Bruins’ last two games. If he is unable to go, Zach Hamill will play in his place. Hamill picked up an assist in Thursday’s 6-3 victory over the Oilers.
Daniel Paille, meanwhile, skated for the first time since getting hit in the face with a slapshot Monday against the Islanders. He will miss his second consecutive game, with Benoit Pouliot filling in for him on the fourth line with Gregory Campbell and Shawn Thornton.
Defenseman Andrew Ference, who was declared out for the game by Julien on Friday, is “better today,” according to the coach. Julien said that Ference’s lower body injury is “definitely a day-to-day situation.” Steven Kampfer will play in place of Ference. It will be Kampfer’s third game of the season. In three career games against Buffalo, Kampfer has a goal and an assist.
Tim Thomas is expected to start for the Bruins. Both the Sabres and B’s have won four games in a row. A victory would put the 7-7-0 Bruins above .500 for the first time this season.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET