|Ryan Spooner named OHL Player of the Week||11.14.11 at 7:39 pm ET|
Kingston forward Ryan Spooner was named the OHL Player of the Week for the week of Nov. 7-13 on Monday. Spooner, a second-round pick of the Bruins in the 2010 draft, had 10 points over three games during the week.
The standout performance in the brilliant week for the 19-year-old was a five-point night against Saginaw Sunday in which he scored a shorthanded goal and contributed four assists, thus factoring into all five of the Frontenacs’ goals in the 5-3 win.
Spooner is among the Bruins’ brightest prospects, and joins Dougie Hamilton (Niagara), Jared Knight (London) and Alexander Khokhlachev (Windsor) as B’s prospects currently having big seasons in the OHL.
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition
- Torts to Brad Richards: Sit On It
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...