Ryan Spooner named OHL Player of the Week
|11.14.11 at 7:39 pm ET|
Kingston forward Ryan Spooner was named the OHL Player of the Week for the week of Nov. 7-13 on Monday. Spooner, a second-round pick of the Bruins in the 2010 draft, had 10 points over three games during the week.
The standout performance in the brilliant week for the 19-year-old was a five-point night against Saginaw Sunday in which he scored a shorthanded goal and contributed four assists, thus factoring into all five of the Frontenacs’ goals in the 5-3 win.
Spooner is among the Bruins’ brightest prospects, and joins Dougie Hamilton (Niagara), Jared Knight (London) and Alexander Khokhlachev (Windsor) as B’s prospects currently having big seasons in the OHL.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara