Tyler Seguin named first star of the week
|11.14.11 at 12:51 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins forward Tyler Seguin has been named the NHL’s first star for the past week. Seguin had four goals, two assists and a plus-4 rating over three games last week.
“It’s pretty cool,” Seguin said after Monday’s practice. “Obviously it’s never happened to me before, so I feel pretty good about it.”
Detroit goaltender Jimmy Howard and Chicago forward Jonathan Toews were named the second and third stars, respectively.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season