Johnny Boychuk questionable, Andrew Ference and Daniel Paille may return
|11.17.11 at 11:58 am ET|
The Bruins may be down a defenseman Thursday, but they might get one back quicker than they thought.
Johnny Boychuk is considered questionable for Thursday night’s game against the Blue Jackets after he missed the team’s morning skate with flu-like symptoms.
With Boychuk potentially out, Andrew Ference may make a quicker return to the lineup than initially expected. If Ference is unable to go, the Bruins would need to make a call-up in order to ice six defensemen.
“Right now [Ference] is fine, and unless that changes over the course of the next few hours, we don’t anticipate calling anybody up. He felt good this morning, and that was something that we had to look at with Johnny’s situation,” Claude Julien said. “Had he not been, we would have probably been more cautious and called somebody up.”
Forward Daniel Paille is also considered a game-time decision for Thursday night’s game. He has been practicing with the team and wearing a full cage due to the slapshot he took to the face last Monday against the Islanders.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5