- Big Bad Blog - http://bigbadblog.weei.com -
Quick notes from the David Krejci press conference
Posted By DJ Bean On December 1, 2011 @ 1:42 pm In General | No Comments
Newly extended Bruins center David Krejci ‘s press conference just wrapped up at TD Garden. Here are a few quick notes, with more to come.
- Krejci’s deal, a three-year $15.75 million deal with a limited no-trade clause in the final two years, was actually signed prior to Wednesday’s game against the Maple Leafs . Peter Chiarelli joked that he likes to think it put Krejci in the right frame of mind to go out and rack up three points in the win over Toronto.
- Krejci said that he isn’t going to worry about whether he is judged by his contract. Considering he’s being paid like a first-line center, it seems that judgement will be pretty common over the length of the deal.
- Chiarelli spoke glowingly of Krejci as a two-way player.
“David’s biggest asset is his head,” Chiarelli said. “He sees the ice so well. He makes plays, he uses the players around him. He’s very competitive. He’s got a very well-rounded game.
“I think his game is underrated by its two-way component. He’s got a lot of really good offensive skills and instincts, but I think the two-way component of the game — I don’t want to harp on that — but it’s important if you want to win championships.”
- The general manager expressed no concern with the fact that the B’s have plenty of top-six centers (Krejci, Patrice Bergeron  and eventually Tyler Seguin ) with some more on the way in the system.
“Logjam is probably not the proper word,” Chiarelli said. “I think it’s an excessive supply that I’m happy to have.”
- Chiarelli also scoffed at the notion that committing this money to Krejci might make it tougher to re-sign upcoming RFA’s Tuukka Rask  (at the end of this season) and Tyler Seguin (at the end of next season).
- The GM said that these negotiations weren’t based on this season too much, as they had begun over the summer. He did note, however, that he didn’t consider the first month of the season in his long-term assessment of Krejci, saying that such thinking would be “shortsighted.”
Article printed from Big Bad Blog: http://bigbadblog.weei.com
URL to article: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/12/01/quick-notes-from-the-david-krejci-press-conference/
URLs in this post:
 David Krejci: http://media.weei.com/hockey/david-krejci.htm
 Maple Leafs: http://media.weei.com/hockey/toronto-maple-leafs.htm
 Patrice Bergeron: http://media.weei.com/hockey/patrice-bergeron.htm
 Tyler Seguin: http://media.weei.com/hockey/tyler-seguin.htm
 Tuukka Rask: http://media.weei.com/hockey/tuukka-rask.htm
 > Quick notes from the David Krejci press conference" data-url="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/12/01/quick-notes-from-the-david-krejci-press-conference/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.