Bruins sign Dougie Hamilton to entry level deal
|12.08.11 at 6:27 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Thursday that they have signed defenseman Dougie Hamilton to an entry-level contract.
Hamilton, who is currently playing for the Niagara IceDogs, has 11 goals and 30 assists for 41 points this season and was named Defenseman of the Month for October. The 18-year-old will remain in the OHL this season, but figures to make a push for an NHL job next training camp.
The Bruins chose Hamilton ninth overall in June’s draft, selecting him with a pick acquired in 2009’s trade with the Maple Leafs that sent Phil Kessel to Toronto. Hamilton was invited to Team Canada’ selection camp for the World Junior Championships.
Hamilton spoke to WEEI.com in October about the season he’s been having. Here‘s what he had to say.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara