|Bruins sign Dougie Hamilton to entry level deal||12.08.11 at 6:27 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Thursday that they have signed defenseman Dougie Hamilton to an entry-level contract.
Hamilton, who is currently playing for the Niagara IceDogs, has 11 goals and 30 assists for 41 points this season and was named Defenseman of the Month for October. The 18-year-old will remain in the OHL this season, but figures to make a push for an NHL job next training camp.
The Bruins chose Hamilton ninth overall in June’s draft, selecting him with a pick acquired in 2009′s trade with the Maple Leafs that sent Phil Kessel to Toronto. Hamilton was invited to Team Canada’ selection camp for the World Junior Championships.
Hamilton spoke to WEEI.com in October about the season he’s been having. Here‘s what he had to say.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers, Third Period. FINISH THEM.
- Bruins vs. Rangers Game 5 Preview: Please close this out
- Relax, the sky isn't falling
- NHL Draft 2013: An Interactive Visualization of Drafts of Years Past
- Fresh Links: "Buckneresque" Edition
- Madison Square Garden is awful.*
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep