Bruins sign Dougie Hamilton to entry level deal
|12.08.11 at 6:27 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Thursday that they have signed defenseman Dougie Hamilton to an entry-level contract.
Hamilton, who is currently playing for the Niagara IceDogs, has 11 goals and 30 assists for 41 points this season and was named Defenseman of the Month for October. The 18-year-old will remain in the OHL this season, but figures to make a push for an NHL job next training camp.
The Bruins chose Hamilton ninth overall in June’s draft, selecting him with a pick acquired in 2009′s trade with the Maple Leafs that sent Phil Kessel to Toronto. Hamilton was invited to Team Canada’ selection camp for the World Junior Championships.
Hamilton spoke to WEEI.com in October about the season he’s been having. Here‘s what he had to say.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time