Zdeno Chara returns to the ice
|12.14.11 at 2:18 pm ET|
Zdeno Chara, who travelled with the team to Ottawa Tuesday night, returned to the ice Wednesday morning for the first time since suffering a leg injury Saturday night in Columbus.
According to the Boston Globe, Chara skated with Jordan Caron, who figures to be a healthy scratch once again, for 35 minutes. Chara is not expected to play vs. the Senators, but could play Saturday against the Flyers.
‘I felt OK,’ Chara told the Boston Globe after skating. ‘First skate. First time on the ice in 3-4 days. I didn’t expect to be feeling great. But also, I didn’t feel bad. It’s a good sign. You’re going to have those days. Slowly progressing.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara