Bruins keeping Rich Peverley out vs. Panthers
|12.23.11 at 12:01 pm ET|
The Bruins are keeping forward Rich Peverley out of the lineup Friday night against the Panthers due to an undisclosed injury, coach Claude Julien said after the team’s morning skate.
Peverley has a nagging injury that is helped by rest, and has not practiced this week. He last took the ice in Monday’s 3-2 win over Montreal. The Bruins’ next game after Friday is Wednesday, so Peverley can have up to eight days off as he recovers.
“We made the decision to go forward with the fact that he’s going to get basically a whole week before the next game and only miss one game,” Julien said. “That was the whole plan. Our schedule gets heavy after that, so this was a good time to take that approach.”
In 30 games this season, Peverley has six goals and 19 assists for 25 points. Zach Hamill skated in his place on the third line in Friday’s morning skate.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5