Brad Marchand named first star of the week
|12.26.11 at 12:14 pm ET|
Bruins forward Brad Marchand was named the NHL’s first star for the week ending Dec. 25 after the youngster turned in dominant performances in a pair of games last week.
Marchand had six points (four goals and two assists) and recorded his first career hat trick in Friday’s win over the Panthers. His other goal during the week, a third period tally against the Canadiens on Monday, proved to be the game-winning goal in that contest. The 23-year-old leads the Bruins with 15 goals this season.
New York forward Marian Gaborik and Colorado goaltender Jean-Sebastian Giguere were named the second and third stars, respectively.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara