Patrice Bergeron to be profiled on ‘NHL 36′
|12.27.11 at 2:22 pm ET|
All access series NHL 36 will profile Bruins center Patrice Bergeron, the league announced Tuesday.
The show, which follows players for 36 hours, began following Bergeron at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday morning and will air the episode on Jan. 4 at 6:30 p.m. on NBC Sports. Peter Coyote will provide narration.
In a statement about the episode, executive producer Ross Greenburg cited Bergeron’s championships in the NHL, the Olympics and World Junior Championship, calling him “one of the league’s most underrated superstars.”
Bergeron has seven goals and 21 assists this season for 28 points and is on pace for his first 70-point season since 2006-07.
For Bruins fans, this should be must-see TV. Bergeron, who is as polite and humble as they come, doesn’t go out of his way to stick his head in the spotlight. Teammates describe him as an increasingly vocal leader, so it will be interesting to see how much of that is captured.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5