Tuukka Rask takes over lead in GAA, save percentage
|12.29.11 at 12:10 am ET|
Want proof that the Bruins truly have two No. 1 goalies? Head over to NHL.com, where you’ll see that the “backup” is the No. 1 goalie in the league right now.
After Wednesday’s win over the Coyotes in which he made 21 saves on 22 shots, Tuukka Rask now leads the NHL in both save percentage (.945) and goals against average (1.61). The Finnish netminder is 8-4-1 this season, and has allowed just one goal over his last four appearances.
Tim Thomas is second in the league with a .943 save percentage, and his 1.84 GAA is third-best in the NHL. Either Thomas or Rask has led both categories in each of the last three seasons.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5