Rich Peverley learning to play through pain
|01.02.12 at 3:49 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Fun fact about Rich Peverley: He claims to have never missed a game due to injury prior to this season. Given that, the 2011-12 campaign has been a bit strange for the 29-year-old.
The versatile forward has missed four games this season due to an undisclosed injury. The team was cautious with the forward recently, keeping him out on Dec. 23 against the Panthers and last Wednesday against the Coyotes so the injury, which is helped by rest, could have significant time to heal.
Peverley made his return to the lineup in Saturday’s loss to the Stars, registering two shots on goal in 16:55 of ice time.
“It’s just timing and getting your speed,” Peverley said Monday of his return. “It went alright. I definitely wanted to play better.”
Peverley wouldn’t say whether he feels 100 percent after all the time off, but did admit the injury won’t be going away this season.
“I don’t know,” he said. “It’s obviously something that’s going to be there all year, but if I manage it, hopefully it will get better and better.”
In 31 games this season, Peverley has six goals and 19 assists for 25 points and a plus-12 rating.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5