Kevin Bieksa calls out ‘stupid’ Bruins after win, says Brad Marchand ‘has to live’ with loss
|01.07.12 at 5:27 pm ET|
Surprise, surprise. Kevin Bieksa is talking.
The outspoken Canucks defenseman called out the Bruins after the Canucks defeated the B’s, 4-3, Saturday at TD Garden. Both Milan Lucic and Brad Marchand were tossed from the game, and Bieksa offered his thoughts afterwards.
“We play hard, but we are a disciplined team,” Bieksa said. “That’s what separates us from them. They obviously play hard, but they tend to do stupid things. The Marchand hit was a pretty stupid thing and I’m sure he’ll be getting a phone call for that one. There is no reason for that. But we made them pay for that. We got to score two goals on that power play and that’s the game. He’s got to live with that.”
Bieksa has been outspoken against the Bruins since the two teams met in the Stanley Cup finals last season. The defenseman made fun of the Bruins for passing around Andrew Ference‘s jacket, saying the tradition was something that pee-wee teams do. He also responded to Mark Recchi calling the Canucks “arrogant” by saying the retired forward should “take a nap.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara