Report: Brad Marchand to have hearing Monday over hit on Sami Salo
|01.08.12 at 2:02 pm ET|
Marchand was given a five-minute clipping major and a game misconduct for his hit on Canucks defenseman Sami Salo in the second period of Saturday’s 4-3 loss to Vancouver. Salo will not play Sunday against the Panthers after waking up with a headache.
Marchand, a repeat offender, was suspended for two games last season for elbowing R.J. Umberger. He was also given a $2,500 fine this season for slew-footing Matt Niskanen.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara