Report: Brad Marchand to have hearing Monday over hit on Sami Salo
|01.08.12 at 2:02 pm ET|
Marchand was given a five-minute clipping major and a game misconduct for his hit on Canucks defenseman Sami Salo in the second period of Saturday’s 4-3 loss to Vancouver. Salo will not play Sunday against the Panthers after waking up with a headache.
Marchand, a repeat offender, was suspended for two games last season for elbowing R.J. Umberger. He was also given a $2,500 fine this season for slew-footing Matt Niskanen.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5