Some notes on the hockey game being played today
|01.10.12 at 12:59 pm ET|
The war of words between the Canucks and Bruins may or may not be over, but what we do know is that the B’s actually have a hockey game Tuesday. Here are some quick notes to get you prepared:
- With Brad Marchand suspended for the next five games, Benoit Pouliot will play in his place on Patrice Bergeron‘s line with Tyler Seguin. Pouliot has eight points (three goals, five assists) over his last eight games.
- The move to put Pouliot on Bergeron’s line means that Zach Hamill will step in and play on the third line with Chris Kelly and Rich Peverley. Hamill has played well with the B’s this season but is still looking for his first career goal.
- No word of who is in net for the Bruins, as Tuukka Rask and Tim Thomas left Tuesday’s morning skate at the same time. Rask was ahead of Thomas, but only by a step. Thomas was in net for the Bruins’ 4-2 win over Winnipeg on Nov. 26, while Rask manned the pipes in a 2-1 loss to the Jets on Dec. 6.
- Old friend Blake Wheeler comes into Tuesday’s game on fire. The former Bruin has 16 points (six goals, 10 assists) over his last 14 games. Five of those six goals have come on the power play. Wheeler skates on the Jets’ second line with Bryan Little and Evander Kane and is on the team’s second power play unit.
- Bruins killer Dustin Byfuglien is out for the Jets with a knee injury. The defenseman had a goal and an assist against the B’s on Nov. 26.
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.
- Public Skate: Bruins 2, Blackhawks 0, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks, SECOND PERIOD
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 3
- 3 Questions With... Greg Boysen of Second City Hockey
- Bruins vs Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 3 Preview: Take the lead
- Fresh Links: Resolve Edition