Dougie Hamilton suspended 10 games
|01.19.12 at 6:59 pm ET|
The Ontario Hockey League announced Thursday that Niagara defenseman Dougie Hamilton, the Bruins’ 2011 first-round pick, has been suspended 10 games.
Hamilton hit Sudbury’s Michael McDonald in the head with a high elbow in last Friday’s game between the IceDogs and the Wolves. Taken into consideration by the OHL was the fact that McDonald suffered a concussion on the play.
The ninth overall pick in June, Hamilton has put together a strong second season in the OHL. In 34 games, Hamilton has 13 goals and 37 assists for 50 points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara