Andrew Ference suspended three games for hit on Ryan McDonagh
|01.22.12 at 1:55 pm ET|
Ference and McDonagh were both chasing a puck Ference had chipped behind Henrik Lundqvist’s net in overtime when Ference shoved the Rangers blueliner into the endboards.
The B’s defenseman, who had tied a career high with his fourth goal of the season earlier in the game, was given a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. The Bruins remained on the penalty kill until Marian Gaborik scored with 3.6 remaining to give the Rangers a 3-2 victory.
With Ference out, Steven Kampfer will be in the Bruins’ lineup Sunday in Philadelphia.
Ference’s suspension is the Bruins’ third of the season, which ties the Flames for most suspensions for a team this season. Milan Lucic (one game in December) and Brad Marchand (five games earlier this month) are the other two Bruins to b suspended this season.
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?