Tim Thomas skips White House based on political beliefs, will make statement via Facebook
|01.23.12 at 3:05 pm ET|
Bruins goaltender Tim Thomas was a notable absence at the White House Monday when President Obama honored the Stanley Cup Champions. According to the Boston Globe, Thomas chose not to attend based on political beliefs but will not be suspended by the team.
Thomas, a known fan of conservative talk show host Glenn Beck, won both the Vezina and Conn Smyth last season, breaking the single-season record for save percentage and leading the Bruins to their first Stanley Cup victory in 39 years.
Thomas will address the situation on Facebook at 6 p.m.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5