Tim Thomas skips White House based on political beliefs, will make statement via Facebook
|01.23.12 at 3:05 pm ET|
Bruins goaltender Tim Thomas was a notable absence at the White House Monday when President Obama honored the Stanley Cup Champions. According to the Boston Globe, Thomas chose not to attend based on political beliefs but will not be suspended by the team.
Thomas, a known fan of conservative talk show host Glenn Beck, won both the Vezina and Conn Smyth last season, breaking the single-season record for save percentage and leading the Bruins to their first Stanley Cup victory in 39 years.
Thomas will address the situation on Facebook at 6 p.m.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara