Nathan Horton (concussion) misses practice, won’t play vs. Senators
|01.30.12 at 4:19 pm ET|
Bruins forward Nathan Horton was not on the ice as the team returned from the All-Star break Monday. Horton has been dealing with his second concussion since June after taking a hit to the head from Flyers’ forward Tom Sestito on Jan. 22.
Coach Claude Julien said that Horton is still experiencing symptoms, and that the team doesn’t expect the symptoms to subside for at least three days, meaning he will not play Tuesday against the Senators, and will likely also miss Thursday’s game against the Hurricanes.
“He is getting better, but so we can save you guys a lot of trouble of asking every day, at least not for three days. '¦ He’s still at the point where he hasn’t ridden the bike yet, but he is getting better.”
In 46 games played this season, Horton has 17 goals and 15 assists for 32 points and an even rating.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...