Adam McQuaid missing from Bruins practice
|02.01.12 at 11:59 am ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid was not on the ice as the team returned to practice Wednesday at Ristuccia Arena.
McQuaid played 14:39 in Tuesday’s 4-3 win over the Senators Tuesday, but suffered a lower-body injury after catching a rut late in the third period.
Coach Claude Julien said that McQuaid came back to the bench “a little shaken up” after the play. The team hopes McQuaid can return to the ice Thursday against the Hurricanes, but it seems the defenseman’s status is up in the air.
“He got injured last night, so we just felt that it was better to keep him off the ice today,” Julien said after Wednesday’s practice. “We’ll reevaluate his situation tomorrow morning.”
The Bruins will be getting defenseman Andrew Ference back from a three-game suspension Thursday, so in the event that McQuaid is unable to go, the B’s would not need to call a defenseman up from Providence. In 42 games this season, the 25-year-old blueliner has two goals and five assists for seven points and a plus-16 rating.
Nathan Horton (concussion) was the only other player missing from practice.
- Bruins vs. Penguins Preview: Bounce-back.
- Fresh Links: But We Were Just Getting To Know You Edition
- Boychuk out 3-7 days, not weeks. Let's go to the movies!
- Fresh Links: Wound Licking Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: Get Well Soon, Johnny
- Bruins vs Habs Recap: Just a loss. Win the games in hand.
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1 Habs 2