Adam McQuaid feeling better, expected to be in Bruins’ lineup vs. Hurricanes
|02.02.12 at 11:55 am ET|
After missing Wednesday’s practice with a lower-body injury, Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid was on the ice for Thursday’s morning skate and hopes to play Thursday night against the Hurricanes at TD Garden.
“I felt good this morning,” McQuaid said after the skate. “I’m not sure exactly if there’s been a decision made, but I felt good this morning.”
Said coach Claude Julien: “As far as we know, he should be ready to go, but we’ll probably leave it at game-time decision. He looked good this morning, and we anticipate he’s going to play.”
McQuaid caught his skate in a rut late in the third period against the Senators on Tuesday, and said that though a part of him was concerned he may have suffered something more severe, he’s feeling better now.
“There’s always a little bit of that concern,” McQuaid said. “You’re not sure how your body will react to different things, but I’m pretty happy with how I felt today.”
McQuaid will also see the return of his defense partner in Andrew Ference, who will return from a three-game suspension Thursday night.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara