Nathan Horton rides stationary bike, Bruins recall Jordan Caron from Providence
|02.04.12 at 1:00 pm ET|
Bruins forward Nathan Horton is progressing in his recovery from the concussion he suffered last month, as coach Claude Julien told reporters prior to Saturday’s game that the right wing rode the stationary bike for the first time on Friday.
Horton has not played since being hit by Flyers forward Tom Sestito on Jan. 22. It his second concussion since last June, as he suffered a severe concussion in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals.
The Bruins also recalled forward Jordan Caron, though Julien told reporters the 2009 first-round pick will not be in the lineup Saturday.
Caron has been sent to the AHL six times this season, and in 17 games, he has four goals and nine assists for 13 points. The 21-year-old has been hot of late, with two goals and an assist over his last three games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5