Claude Julien ‘done talking’ about Nathan Horton’s condition
|02.07.12 at 12:38 pm ET|
“Guys, protocol is protocol,” Julien said when asked about Horton. “When you see him on the ice with us, he’s moving in the right direction.”
Julien was then asked another question about how Horton feels since skating, and the coach went into detail as to why he’s staying quiet on the matter.
“Guys, I’m done talking about it,” Juien said. “I look at every team that has guys with concussions, and guys, you’ve got to give him a chance to let him go through the things. I can’t give you an update every day on this guy because it could be long, it could be short. When you see him on the ice with us, it’s going to be a really good sign, so we’ll leave it at that. I don’t have the answer, so I’m not going to give you an answer. We don’t know what concussions are all about. There’s forward steps, there’s backwards steps. I can’t just come out here every day and give you guys an update, because it doesn’t make sense.”
Horton was injured in the Bruins’ 6-5 shootout win over the Flyers on Jan. 22 on a hit from Philadelphia forward Tom Sestito. There was no discipline from the league on the play.
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition
- Thursday Morning Skate: Edmonton Bound