Tuukka Rask to start for Bruins vs. Sabres
|02.08.12 at 12:38 pm ET|
BUFFALO — Bruins coach Claude Julien doesn’t usually flat-out say which goaltender will start that night’s game, but he made an exception a day after declaring he would not answer any more questions about concussed forward Nathan Horton.
Julien revealed Wednesday night’s starting goaltender, saying that Tuukka Rask will be between the pipes for the B’s against the Sabres.
Rask is third in the NHL in both save percentage (.936) and goals-against average (1.88), but has not won any of his last three starts (0-2-1). His last victory came on Jan. 16 against the Panthers in Florida.
The team’s forward lines remained the same as they were in Tuesday’s practice, with David Krejci still on the third line between Benoit Pouliot and Jordan Caron.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara