Claude Julien says Nathan Horton ‘back to square one’ in recovery from concussion
|02.10.12 at 12:21 pm ET|
When Bruins coach Claude Julien frustratingly declared Tuesday that he was “done talking about” Nathan Horton‘s progress after he was supposed to have skated Sunday, something seemed fishy. As it turns out, Horton has indeed had a setback.
Julien said after Friday’s practice that Horton did not react well to skating earlier this week, and is “back to square one” in his recovery from his latest concussion.
“He’s been pulled back,” Julien said. “He’s got some symptoms, so we pulled him back. That’s why I said as far as for me to come out every and [say there's a] step forward, a step backward. He’s back to square one and we’re giving him some time here. Those symptoms, once he got back on the ice, came back.”
Horton rode the stationary bike late last week and took to the ice on Sunday, but when symptoms returned, the team pulled the first-line winger back.
Horton suffered his second concussion since June on a hit from Philadelphia’s Tom Sestito on Jan. 22. His concussion has kept him out of the last six games.
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?
- Public Skate Second Period: Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 0
- Bruins vs. Leafs Complete Coverage
- Public Skate: Bruins vs Maple Leafs, 7PM EST