Rich Peverley out 4-6 weeks with sprained MCL
|02.17.12 at 12:15 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli announced Friday that forward Rich Peverley will miss four to six weeks with a third degree MCL sprain in his right knee. Peverley injured his knee in a collision with Canadiens defenseman Hal Gill Wednesday night and returned to Boston for testing Thursday.
Peverley had been filling in for the concussed Nathan Horton on the team’s top line. With Peverley out of the lineup, coach Claude Julien moved Benoit Pouliot from the third line to the top line in Friday’s morning skate. Daniel Paille moved from the fourth line to Pouliot’s spot on the third line, while Josh Hennessy will make his Bruins debut Friday against the Jets on the fourth line.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5