Rich Peverley out 4-6 weeks with sprained MCL
|02.17.12 at 12:15 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli announced Friday that forward Rich Peverley will miss four to six weeks with a third degree MCL sprain in his right knee. Peverley injured his knee in a collision with Canadiens defenseman Hal Gill Wednesday night and returned to Boston for testing Thursday.
Peverley had been filling in for the concussed Nathan Horton on the team’s top line. With Peverley out of the lineup, coach Claude Julien moved Benoit Pouliot from the third line to the top line in Friday’s morning skate. Daniel Paille moved from the fourth line to Pouliot’s spot on the third line, while Josh Hennessy will make his Bruins debut Friday against the Jets on the fourth line.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara