Rich Peverley out 4-6 weeks with sprained MCL
|02.17.12 at 12:15 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli announced Friday that forward Rich Peverley will miss four to six weeks with a third degree MCL sprain in his right knee. Peverley injured his knee in a collision with Canadiens defenseman Hal Gill Wednesday night and returned to Boston for testing Thursday.
Peverley had been filling in for the concussed Nathan Horton on the team’s top line. With Peverley out of the lineup, coach Claude Julien moved Benoit Pouliot from the third line to the top line in Friday’s morning skate. Daniel Paille moved from the fourth line to Pouliot’s spot on the third line, while Josh Hennessy will make his Bruins debut Friday against the Jets on the fourth line.
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition
- Shanahan has spoken: Dion Phaneuf gets two-game suspension for Miller hit
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition