Bruins end skid, beat Blues
|02.22.12 at 10:32 pm ET|
The struggling Bruins got a much-needed win as they beat the Blues, 4-2, Wednesday night in St. Louis.
Brad Marchand had two goals for the B’s, scoring 2:29 into the first period and adding his 21st goal of the season in the third period. Milan Lucic and Chris Kelly also scored for the Bruins. Marchand, Lucic and Kelly all had multi-point nights.
Tim Thomas picked up the victory for the Bruins, making 29 saves and surrendering goals to Chris Stewart and Ryan Reaves. The win broke a two-game losing streak for the Bruins.
The B’s will next play on Friday, when they face the Sabres at First Niagara Center. The last time the two teams played, the Sabres handed the B’s a 6-0 loss on Feb. 8.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5