Kyle Turris not suspended for hit on Joe Corvo
|02.26.12 at 2:17 pm ET|
The Senators forward delivered a hit to the head of Corvo at the 5:00 mark in the third period in Saturday night’s game in Ottawa. Turris received a two-minute boarding minor for the hit. The league’s Department of Player Safety held a disciplinary hearing for Turris but resulted in no suspension.
Senior Vice President of Player Safety and Hockey Operations Brendan Shanahan said in a statement, “Because there was enough head contact on this hit, the Department of Player Safety felt it was necessary to convene a hearing to examine the play further. After reviewing the video extensively as we heard Turris’ explanation of how the play developed, we concluded that the head was not targeted intentionally or even recklessly and that the circumstances surrounding the hit contributed significantly to the amount of head contact that resulted. We therefore have decided that there will be no supplemental discipline added to the penalty assessed on the play.”
The Bruins host the Senators on Tuesday night at TD Garden.
Here’s a look at the hit:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara