|Mike Mottau: Trade to Bruins a ‘dream come true’||02.28.12 at 2:15 pm ET|
Mike Mottau calls Monday’s trade to the Bruins “a dream come true.”
The Avon, Mass. native was part of the four-player trade that also landed former Islanders teammate Brian Rolston in Boston, and it returned Mottau to the where he grew up and played his college hockey at Boston College.
“Growing up a Bruins fans, and following the team throughout my whole professional career, finally getting a chance to put on the sweater was really special this morning, even just to go out for morning skate,” Mottau said after Tuesday’s morning skate.
Mottau followed last year’s playoffs and watched the Bruins as they won their first title in 39 years. He’s friends with Shawn Thornton, Andrew Ference, Dennis Seidenberg and Joe Corvo, so the trade returns him to his home without the tough adjustment to a new team.
“Even playing with the Islanders last year, I was home for the Cup run. Watching the guys go through it, it was pretty amazing for the city and these guys,” he said. “I know quite a few guys and it’s great to be a part of it now.”
Mottau didn’t expect to be traded, as he had just made his return Sunday from a concussion. He will be in the lineup Tuesday night against the Senators.
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period