Mike Mottau: Trade to Bruins a ‘dream come true’
|02.28.12 at 2:15 pm ET|
Mike Mottau calls Monday’s trade to the Bruins “a dream come true.”
The Avon, Mass. native was part of the four-player trade that also landed former Islanders teammate Brian Rolston in Boston, and it returned Mottau to the where he grew up and played his college hockey at Boston College.
“Growing up a Bruins fans, and following the team throughout my whole professional career, finally getting a chance to put on the sweater was really special this morning, even just to go out for morning skate,” Mottau said after Tuesday’s morning skate.
Mottau followed last year’s playoffs and watched the Bruins as they won their first title in 39 years. He’s friends with Shawn Thornton, Andrew Ference, Dennis Seidenberg and Joe Corvo, so the trade returns him to his home without the tough adjustment to a new team.
“Even playing with the Islanders last year, I was home for the Cup run. Watching the guys go through it, it was pretty amazing for the city and these guys,” he said. “I know quite a few guys and it’s great to be a part of it now.”
Mottau didn’t expect to be traded, as he had just made his return Sunday from a concussion. He will be in the lineup Tuesday night against the Senators.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5