|Johnny Boychuk skates before Bruins practice||02.29.12 at 1:36 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk skated prior to Wednesday’s practice at Ristuccia Arena, marking the first time he has taken the ice since suffering a concussion Saturday night against the Senators.
Coach Claude Julien said after the practice that he had yet to hear any feedback on how well Boychuk handled his return to the ice, but that the team will soon know how he is feeling.
“He skated this morning, and those are more [situations in which] we find out the next day if everything’s good, then we move forward here,” Julien said. “Again, it’s a day-by-day situation, and we saw what happened with [Nathan Horton, who skated and suffered a setback earlier in the month], so we’ve just got to keep our fingers crossed.”
With Boyhcuk still out, the Bruins had seven defenseman at practice, as Greg Zanon joined the team for the first time since being acquired at Monday’s trade deadline.
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...
- Relax, We Got This.
- P-Bruins Game 7 Preview: Well, here we are.
- OTBH: Most Dangerous Lead in Hockey
- Just how bad WAS the Bartkowski and Seidenberg trade with Florida?
- Fresh Links: Yippee Paille Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Shut It Down