Lower-body injury for Andrew Ference
|03.01.12 at 10:23 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference left the Bruins’ 4-3 overtime win over the Devils in the third period with what coach Claude Julien called a lower-body injury. Ference took only three shifts in the third period and did not play after his last one ended 5:30 into the period.
“He suffered a lower-body injury,” Julien said of Ference. “We took him out instead of forcing it, and I guess what I’ve been told is we’ll know better tomorrow how severe it is and whether he’s going to be fine or whether it’s going to go the other way.”
With Ference out, Julien took Joe Corvo off the bench and went with a five-D rotation after he had benched the struggling defenseman. Corvo was on the ice for the Devils’ first two goals in the second period, including a Zach Parise goal that was created when Corvo sent a blind backhand pass to New Jersey winger Ilya Kovalchuk in the neutral zone.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara