Tuukka Rask out 4-6 weeks
|03.05.12 at 7:19 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli announced Monday that goaltender Tuukka Rask will miss the next 4-6 weeks with a lower abdomen strain/groin strain.
Rask, 24, was injured in the second period of Saturday’s loss to the Islanders. He leads the Bruins with a .929 save percentage and 2.05 goals-against average.
Given that the season’s last game is on April 7, Monday’s news should mean that Rask will miss the remainder of the regular season, and possibly some of the playoffs. The Bruins are also currently without Nathan Horton (concussion) and Rich Peverley (knee).
With Rask out, the B’s recalled Providence backup Michael Hutchinson Saturday.
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition