Tuukka Rask out 4-6 weeks
|03.05.12 at 7:19 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli announced Monday that goaltender Tuukka Rask will miss the next 4-6 weeks with a lower abdomen strain/groin strain.
Rask, 24, was injured in the second period of Saturday’s loss to the Islanders. He leads the Bruins with a .929 save percentage and 2.05 goals-against average.
Given that the season’s last game is on April 7, Monday’s news should mean that Rask will miss the remainder of the regular season, and possibly some of the playoffs. The Bruins are also currently without Nathan Horton (concussion) and Rich Peverley (knee).
With Rask out, the B’s recalled Providence backup Michael Hutchinson Saturday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5