Tuukka Rask out 4-6 weeks
|03.05.12 at 7:19 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli announced Monday that goaltender Tuukka Rask will miss the next 4-6 weeks with a lower abdomen strain/groin strain.
Rask, 24, was injured in the second period of Saturday’s loss to the Islanders. He leads the Bruins with a .929 save percentage and 2.05 goals-against average.
Given that the season’s last game is on April 7, Monday’s news should mean that Rask will miss the remainder of the regular season, and possibly some of the playoffs. The Bruins are also currently without Nathan Horton (concussion) and Rich Peverley (knee).
With Rask out, the B’s recalled Providence backup Michael Hutchinson Saturday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara