With Tuukka Rask out, Bruins sign Marty Turco
|03.05.12 at 8:13 pm ET|
Less than an hour after announcing that Tuukka Rask will miss the next 4-6 weeks, the Bruins announced Monday evening that they have signed veteran goaltender Marty Turco to a one-year deal. Turco must first clear waivers before joining the team, and will be elgibile to join the B’s on Wednesday if he goes unclaimed.
Because Turco joined the team after the trade deadline, he will not be eligible for postseason play.
Turco, 36, played the first nine seasons of his career with the Stars before playing for the Blackhawks last season. He went 11-11-3 with a 3.02 goals-against average and .897 save percentage. In his 10-year NHL career, Turco has a 2.35 GAA and .910 save percentage.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara