Rich Peverley returns as Bruins beat Ducks
|03.25.12 at 10:38 pm ET|
The Bruins finished their three-game West Coast road trip with a 3-2 victory over the Ducks Sunday, giving them four wins in their last five games.
The B’s jumped out to a 2-0 lead thanks to second-period goals from Zdeno Chara and Benoit Pouliot. Teemu Selanne‘s 24th goal of the season made it a one-goal game entering the third period.
The Ducks appeared to tie the game in the third period on a goal from Matt Belesky, but Andrew Cogliano was in the crease, causing the goal to be disallowed. The B’s increased their lead to 3-1 thanks to Brian Rolston‘s seventh goal of the season. Lubomir Visnovsky made it 3-2 with an unassisted goal with 2:29 remaining in regulation.
Marty Turco got the start in goal for the Bruins and played the whole game, ending a streak of 15 straight appearances by Tim Thomas. The veteran netminder made 24 saves on 26 shots in the start, his second as a member of the Bruins.
Rich Peverley made his return to the B’s lineup, skating with Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand. Daniel Paille was scratched to make room for Peverley.
The Bruins will return to the Garden to face the Lightning on Tuesday. Tampa beat the B’s, 6-1, in their last meeting on March 13.
- Stanley Cup Final Quick Recap: Bruins lose 6-5 in OT. See ya Monday, TD...
- Public Skate: Bruins 5 Blackhawks 5 OT TIME Y'ALLLLLLL
- Public Skate: Game 4, Bruins 3, Blackhawks 4 - Third Period
- Stanley Cup Final: HNIC Game 4 Intro: Killing it, as usual.
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Complete Coverage
- Bruin text messages: a Cup of Chowder exclusive
- 3 Questions with... MightyMikeD of Cheer the Anthem