Rich Peverley returns as Bruins beat Ducks
|03.25.12 at 10:38 pm ET|
The Bruins finished their three-game West Coast road trip with a 3-2 victory over the Ducks Sunday, giving them four wins in their last five games.
The B’s jumped out to a 2-0 lead thanks to second-period goals from Zdeno Chara and Benoit Pouliot. Teemu Selanne‘s 24th goal of the season made it a one-goal game entering the third period.
The Ducks appeared to tie the game in the third period on a goal from Matt Belesky, but Andrew Cogliano was in the crease, causing the goal to be disallowed. The B’s increased their lead to 3-1 thanks to Brian Rolston‘s seventh goal of the season. Lubomir Visnovsky made it 3-2 with an unassisted goal with 2:29 remaining in regulation.
Marty Turco got the start in goal for the Bruins and played the whole game, ending a streak of 15 straight appearances by Tim Thomas. The veteran netminder made 24 saves on 26 shots in the start, his second as a member of the Bruins.
The Bruins will return to the Garden to face the Lightning on Tuesday. Tampa beat the B’s, 6-1, in their last meeting on March 13.
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition
- Thursday Morning Skate: Edmonton Bound
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition