Bruins sign Boston College captain Tommy Cross
|04.10.12 at 7:49 pm ET|
The Bruins signed former second-round pick and Boston College captain Tommy Cross to an entry-level deal Tuesday. He is expected to report to Providence and make his AHL debut Friday.
Cross had five goals and 19 assists for 24 points this season as a senior. The defenseman won national titles in 2010 and 2012, as the Eagles defeated Ferris St. for the National Championship this past Saturday. In his career at BC, Cross had 17 goals and 33 assists for 50 points in 134 points.
The Bruins traded up in the second round in 2007 to select Cross, a left-shot blue liner and native of Simsbury, CT, with the 35th overall pick. Since then, one big concern has been his health, as he has had three major surgeries on right knee.
Cross isn’t the only Eagle to sign a deal Tuesday. Junior forward Chris Kreider signed with the Rangers and will report to the big club, thus burning the first year of his deal.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time