Milan Lucic questions Karl Alzner’s toughness after crybaby gesture
|04.16.12 at 11:21 pm ET|
WASHINGTON — Milan Lucic has been called a lot of things before, but Monday brought an accusation with which he feels unfamiliar.
With the Bruins on the power play late in the third period of Game 3 against the Capitals, Lucic was cross-checked by Washington defenseman Dennis Wideman. That led to Lucic scrapping with forward Matt Hendricks before defenseman Karl Alzner jumped in to take on Lucic. After the scrum was broken up by officials, Alzner made a crying gesture at Lucic.
“Well, there’s a lot of [proof] on my side to show that I’m not a crybaby,” Lucic said after the game. “That’s a lot coming from a guy I think who’s got two roughing penalties in three years, so there you go.
Asked whether he felt Alzner was the third man in, an offense that is punishable by a game misconduct, Lucic grinned and chose his words carefully before answering.
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition