Update: Nicklas Backstrom reportedly has hearing scheduled for Tuesday
|04.17.12 at 12:56 pm ET|
WASHINGTON — According to a tweet from TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the Capitals have been informed that center Nicklas Backstrom will have a hearing with the NHL Tuesday at 3:30 over his cross-check to the face of Rich Peverley in Monday’s game.
After the final seconds ticked off the clock in Boston’s 4-3 victory over the Capitals in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, Backstrom cross-checked Peverley in the face and was given a match penalty, which carries with it an automatic suspension pending review of the league.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara