|Update: Nicklas Backstrom reportedly has hearing scheduled for Tuesday||04.17.12 at 12:56 pm ET|
WASHINGTON — According to a tweet from TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the Capitals have been informed that center Nicklas Backstrom will have a hearing with the NHL Tuesday at 3:30 over his cross-check to the face of Rich Peverley in Monday’s game.
After the final seconds ticked off the clock in Boston’s 4-3 victory over the Capitals in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, Backstrom cross-checked Peverley in the face and was given a match penalty, which carries with it an automatic suspension pending review of the league.
- Relax, the sky isn't falling
- NHL Draft 2013: An Interactive Visualization of Drafts of Years Past
- Fresh Links: "Buckneresque" Edition
- Madison Square Garden is awful.*
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter