Patrice Bergeron arrives early for Game 6
|04.22.12 at 12:21 pm ET|
WASHINGTON — The Bruins’ best forward will at the very least be at Game 6 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals.
Patrice Bergeron, who left Saturday’s 4-3 loss to the Capitals in the third period, was spotted by multiple reporters as he entered the Verizon Center by himself before noon. He could be early to undergo treatment or to be examined by team doctors.
Bergeron, who led the NHL with a plus-36 rating in the regular season, took only three shifts in the third period Saturday. After the game, coach Claude Julien did not indicate how Bergeron suffered the injury or what the injury was, but Bergeron could have been hurt on a third-period hit he took from Capitals forward Alexander Ovechkin.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara