Zdeno Chara a finalist for Norris Trophy
|04.26.12 at 12:40 pm ET|
Bruins captain Zdeno Chara was among the three finalists for the Norris Trophy, which is awarded to 'to the defense player who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position.' The other finalists are Nashville’s Shea Weber and Ottawa’s Erik Karlsson.
Chara had a career-best 52 points (12 goals, 40 assists) during the regular season and his plus-33 rating was tops among all defensemen. This is his fourth nomination for the Norris, which he won in 2009.
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition
- Shanahan has spoken: Dion Phaneuf gets two-game suspension for Miller hit
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about