Report: Tim Thomas considering taking next season off
|06.01.12 at 12:39 am ET|
A source told ESPN.com on Thursday that the 38-year-old Boston Bruins netminder was contemplating taking next season off. Which doesn't mean he will, but it's something he's apparently raised.
For Thomas to take the year off certainly would be strange. He has one year remaining on his contract at a $5 million cap hit but only a $3 million salary. His no-trade clause expires on July 1, meaning the Bruins could trade the goalie without his consent.
The biggest reason a sabbatical at this point in his career would be perplexing: At 38 years old, Thomas isn’t getting younger, and taking a season off would diminish his value.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...