Bruins select forward Seth Griffith with first fifth-round pick
|06.23.12 at 11:59 am ET|
The Bruins selected forward Seth Griffith with their first fifth-round pick (131st overall) in the draft Saturday. The pick was acquired in a trade with the Lightning, when the Bruins dealt the rights to Benoit Pouliot for the pick and Michel Ouellet.
Griffith led the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League in goals and points in the 2011-12 season, recording 45 goals and 85 points in 68 games. He also led his team in points during the playoffs, when the Knights were runners-up for the Memorial Cup. The 19-year-old Wallaceburg, Ontario, native is 5-foot-11 and 180 pounds.
Griffith played alongside former Bruins second-round pick Jared Knight last season in London.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara