Bruins select forward Seth Griffith with first fifth-round pick
|06.23.12 at 11:59 am ET|
The Bruins selected forward Seth Griffith with their first fifth-round pick (131st overall) in the draft Saturday. The pick was acquired in a trade with the Lightning, when the Bruins dealt the rights to Benoit Pouliot for the pick and Michel Ouellet.
Griffith led the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League in goals and points in the 2011-12 season, recording 45 goals and 85 points in 68 games. He also led his team in points during the playoffs, when the Knights were runners-up for the Memorial Cup. The 19-year-old Wallaceburg, Ontario, native is 5-foot-11 and 180 pounds.
Griffith played alongside former Bruins second-round pick Jared Knight last season in London.
- Grand Theft Czechoslovakia. Bruins win 3-2
- Loui Eriksson concussed; Chris Kelly, Shawn Thornton will not travel on...
- Video: Don Cherry talks about the Thornton and Orpik incident
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1, Penguins 2
- Orpik hit on Eriksson and the Thornton hit on Orpik: Both are terrible
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 1, Penguins 2