Bruins take tough winger Cody Payne with second fifth-round pick
|06.23.12 at 12:31 pm ET|
The Bruins used their second fifth-round pick (145th overall) to take physical winger Cody Payne.
Payne, who was spent most of last season with the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League, is known more for his fists than his offensive skill, as he only totaled five goals and 11 assists in 60 games last season, but recorded 107 penalty minutes. He is 6-foot-2 and 201 pounds at only 18 years old.
Check out a clip of Payne bringing the pain here:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara