Notes from Day 1 of development camp
|06.28.12 at 12:52 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — The Bruins have wrapped up the first day of their development camp, with media availability finishing up just after 12:30 p.m. Here are some quick notes from the first day:
– The Bruins wouldn’t divulge the specifics on Alexander Khokhlachev’s situation. The 18-year-old forward for Windsor of the OHL is rumored to be headed for the KHL next season, but assistant general manager Don Sweeney said “those things aren’t set in stone.” Khokhlachev will speak Friday, while Peter Chiarelli is expected to eventually update the media on the 2011 second-round pick’s situation. Regardless of Khokhlachev’s plans for next season, Sweeney said he will be at training camp in September.
– Dougie Hamilton has added some bulk, and though he said he has gotten bigger since last season, neither he nor the Bruins said his exact weight (he finished the OHL season at 198 pounds). Hamilton said, “depending on the scale right now, 205 to 200.” Sweeney noted Hamilton will be bigger for training camp.
– Something you probably wouldn’t ever expect in Boston until last week: As the players got off the ice, there was a “Subban! Subban!” chant. It was for first-round pick Malcolm Subban, of course. Subban was one of six goalies in attendance.
– The distinction of most interesting goalie mask goes to Adam Morrison, who has the likes of Mr. Burns from The Simpsons and Doug and Bob McKenzie from SCTV on his mask.
– The only player on the camp roster not in attendance was forward Alexander Fallstrom, who is injured.