Andrew Ference not optimistic about CBA negotiations
|09.10.12 at 1:39 pm ET|
BOLTON — Wearing an NHLPA hat with his golf attire, Bruins defenseman and former player rep Andrew Ference said prior to the team’s golf tournament Monday that he doesn’t see much reason for optimism that a new collective bargaining agreement will be reached before the current one expires this Saturday.
“I don’t know if optimistic’s the right word, not with the way things have been going so far,” Ference said. “It’s pretty tough to be optimistic. I think at the beginning of the summer there were a lot of great talks. Hopefully that can continue and we can see some progress. Obviously this next week or two is pretty big.”
Upwards of 200 NHL players are set to meet this week in New York, as will the league’s board of governors.
“Hopefully they’ll get some different viewpoints on the table and let some of the other people talk from around the league,” Ference said. “'¦ You’d hope that in the next two weeks there’s some movement and some reason for optimism”.
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition