Patrice Bergeron to play in Switzerland during lockout
|10.02.12 at 7:36 pm ET|
According to multiple reports, Bruins center Patrice Bergeron will play for HC Lugano of the Swiss National League A during the NHL lockout. Bergeron is the second Bruins player to choose Switzerland, as Tyler Seguin plays for EHC Biel.
Other Bruins playing overseas for the lockout include Tuukka Rask and Andrew Ference (Czech Extraliga), Rich Peverley (SM-liiga), Dennis Seidenberg (Deutsche Eishockey Liga) and Zdeno Chara and Anton Khudobin (KHL).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara