Brad Marchand staying in Boston for now, might consider Europe in future
|10.11.12 at 2:55 pm ET|
On the day that would have seen the NHL begin its regular-season schedule, agent Wade Arnott said Bruins forward Brad Marchand will stay in the Boston area for the time being in hopes that a new collective bargaining agreement can be reched between the NHL and the NHLPA.
Arnott told WEEI.com Thursday that though Marchand is staying in North America for now, he could consider playing in Europe in the future if it appears the league will lose the entire season as it did in 2004-05.
Said Arnott: “If the season becomes in jeopardy then Brad may look more seriously at his European playing options.”
Marchand, 24, was second on the Bruins with 28 goals last season, his second in the NHL.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5