NHL cancels games through Nov. 30
|10.26.12 at 2:13 pm ET|
The NHL announced Friday that it has cancelled games through Nov. 30 as a result of the current lockout.
Had a deal been struck at some point this week, the league felt it would be able to start an 82-game season on Nov. 2, but the lack of a new CBA led to the further cancellations. Should games through November be cancelled, the league would lose the Nov. 23 game between the Bruins and Rangers, more notably the first game to be televised by NBC and what many thought before the lockout would be a possible starting point for the season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time