NHL cancels games through Nov. 30
|10.26.12 at 2:13 pm ET|
The NHL announced Friday that it has cancelled games through Nov. 30 as a result of the current lockout.
Had a deal been struck at some point this week, the league felt it would be able to start an 82-game season on Nov. 2, but the lack of a new CBA led to the further cancellations. Should games through November be cancelled, the league would lose the Nov. 23 game between the Bruins and Rangers, more notably the first game to be televised by NBC and what many thought before the lockout would be a possible starting point for the season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara