NHL cancels games through Nov. 30
|10.26.12 at 2:13 pm ET|
The NHL announced Friday that it has cancelled games through Nov. 30 as a result of the current lockout.
Had a deal been struck at some point this week, the league felt it would be able to start an 82-game season on Nov. 2, but the lack of a new CBA led to the further cancellations. Should games through November be cancelled, the league would lose the Nov. 23 game between the Bruins and Rangers, more notably the first game to be televised by NBC and what many thought before the lockout would be a possible starting point for the season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5