|NHL officially cancels Winter Classic||11.02.12 at 3:36 pm ET|
The NHL officially cancelled the 2013 Winter classic shortly after 3 p.m. on Friday. The annual outdoor game was scheduled to be played between the Red Wings and Maple Leafs on Jan. 1 at Michigan Stadium. In a press release announcing the cancellation, the league said that the teams will play in the next Winter Classic.
HBO, who produces the behind-the-scenes series, “NHL 24/7″ had to know by mid-November whether the game would be played so they could film the teams leading up to the annual outdoor game. In addition to losing the Winter Classic, the league has cancelled games through the end of November due to a lack of collective bargaining agreement between the players and owners.
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition
- Torts to Brad Richards: Sit On It
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...
- Relax, We Got This.