NHL cancels games through Dec. 14
|11.23.12 at 2:53 pm ET|
On a day that was supposed to feature the Bruins’ annual Black Friday matinee, the NHL announced Friday that it has cancelled games through Dec. 14 as well as the league’s All-Star Weekend, which was set to take place Jan. 26 and 27 in Columbus, Ohio.
The league has now cancelled 422 regular season games due to the current lockout caused by the lack of a collective bargaining agreement between the league and its players.
“The reality of losing more regular-season games as well as the 2013 NHL All-Star Weekend in Columbus is extremely disappointing,” NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said in a press release. “We feel badly for NHL fans and particularly those in Columbus, and we intend to work closely with the Blue Jackets organization to return the NHL All-Star events to Columbus and their fans as quickly as possible.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara