NHL cancels games through Dec. 14
|11.23.12 at 2:53 pm ET|
On a day that was supposed to feature the Bruins’ annual Black Friday matinee, the NHL announced Friday that it has cancelled games through Dec. 14 as well as the league’s All-Star Weekend, which was set to take place Jan. 26 and 27 in Columbus, Ohio.
The league has now cancelled 422 regular season games due to the current lockout caused by the lack of a collective bargaining agreement between the league and its players.
“The reality of losing more regular-season games as well as the 2013 NHL All-Star Weekend in Columbus is extremely disappointing,” NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said in a press release. “We feel badly for NHL fans and particularly those in Columbus, and we intend to work closely with the Blue Jackets organization to return the NHL All-Star events to Columbus and their fans as quickly as possible.”
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition
- Thursday Morning Skate: Edmonton Bound