|NHL cancels games through Dec. 14||11.23.12 at 2:53 pm ET|
On a day that was supposed to feature the Bruins’ annual Black Friday matinee, the NHL announced Friday that it has cancelled games through Dec. 14 as well as the league’s All-Star Weekend, which was set to take place Jan. 26 and 27 in Columbus, Ohio.
The league has now cancelled 422 regular season games due to the current lockout caused by the lack of a collective bargaining agreement between the league and its players.
“The reality of losing more regular-season games as well as the 2013 NHL All-Star Weekend in Columbus is extremely disappointing,” NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said in a press release. “We feel badly for NHL fans and particularly those in Columbus, and we intend to work closely with the Blue Jackets organization to return the NHL All-Star events to Columbus and their fans as quickly as possible.”
- Relax, the sky isn't falling
- NHL Draft 2013: An Interactive Visualization of Drafts of Years Past
- Fresh Links: "Buckneresque" Edition
- Madison Square Garden is awful.*
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter