Bruins away from Boston roundup: Tyler Seguin’s dominance continues
|11.25.12 at 2:59 pm ET|
With games cancelled through Dec. 14, the Bruins currently playing overseas figure to be there for at least a while longer. Here’s the latest update on how Bruins playing elsewhere (as well as their prospects) are currently faring:
Stats are courtesy of HockeyDB.com or the teams’ websites.
– Tyler Seguin isn’t just a point-a-game player overseas; he’s a goal-a-game player. In 20 games for HC Biel, the 20-year-old has 20 goals and 12 assists for 32 points. According to HockeyDB, he has an even rating, which is pretty surprising given his offensive output.
– Through 12 games for HC Lugano, Patrice Bergeron has nine goals and 10 assists for 19 points and a plus-8 rating.
– In six games for HC Red Ice, Chris Kelly has four goals and three assists for seven points.
– Through 15 games for Prague Lev, Bruins captain Zdeno Chara has three goals and five assists for eight points and a minus-1 rating. Having that rating must be a strange feeling for Chara, as the last season in which he didn’t have a plus-minus of at least plus-14 was in 2006-07, when he was a plus-21 in his first campaign with the B’s.
– Bruins backup goalie Anton Khudobin is having a rather rough go of it for for Moscow Oblast Atlant through 17 games. He has a 3-11-2 record with a 3.09 goals-against average and a .908 save percentage.
– Rich Peverley has four goals and nine assists for 13 points in 17 games for JyP HT Jyvaskyla. He has a minus-4 rating.
– In 16 games for Pardubice HC, David Krejci has eight goals and nine assists for 17 points and a plus-2 rating.
– Playing for Ceske Budejovice for the second time in as many lockouts, Andrew Ference has a goal and there assists for four points. He has 14 penalty minutes and is a plus-2.
– In eight games for Plzen HC, Tuukka Rask has a 6-2-0 record with a 1.85 goals-against average and a .936 save percentage.
Deutsche Eishockey Liga
– Dennis Seidenberg has one goal and seven assists for eight points and a plus-8 rating for the Mannheim Eagles.
– In 14 games for Providence, Ryan Spooner has four goals and eight assists for 12 points and a minus-2 rating.
– Spooner’s buddy, Jared Knight, has been limited to just two games by hamstring issues. He went scoreless in both contests.
– Defenseman Torey Krug, who the Bruins signed last season after he finished his college career at Michigan State, has four assists and a minus-9 rating in 14 games for Providence.
– Back in Niagara for a fourth year because of the lockout, Dougie Hamilton has seven goals and 26 assists for 33 points and a plus-25 rating in 26 games for the IceDogs.
– 2011 third-round pick Anthony Camara has already surpassed his career-high in goals with 19 this season for the Barrie Colts. He’s also added 15 assists for 34 points, which is also a career-best. He has a plus-8 rating for the Colts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara